News

Welcome to Fermentum's Geocaching blog. Please feel free to become a follower or comment on any posts.

Monday 27 December 2010

Furthest I have walked for ages.

Today I went to the River Hull near Tickton and walked firstly down the wrong side of the river for about half a mile before I realised the GPS was wrong.  So I turned round and crossed the bridge and off I went (again!).

I was on a bit of a mission because dark was drawing in and wanted to do both caches on the right side of the river.  Weather is still feeling like -50 C and snow covers the land.  GC1J8EQ The Mint with the Hole another cache by Busy Lissy Bunch.  I have found their caches great to do and a bit of a challenge.

 Mint with a Hole GZ was getting dark.

I set off further down the banks of the River Hull to GC1TMQF Rainbow Series: Blue Cache which I found easy but took me a minute or two to get out of the snug hole it was in.

My first of the Rainbow series.


The rainbow cache also brought me to take my first ever trackable!  A really cool heart shaped coin that originated from Germany and has travelled about 3500 miles.  So all I have to do is move it on.  Not sure where but I will do in the next few days.
Here is a picture of the cool trackable.

In total I have done about 4 miles today which is a lot longer than I have walked for ages!  Soon I will be up to marathon status!

GC1VAEP - Not Another Busy Bridge I also tried to get this cache again today with extra information from Busy Lissy Bunch.  But I fear its been muggled.  I have sent pictures to them to see if its true or to see if I am still off!

3 comments:

  1. This is a nice looking coin, I haven't come across one of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story. Thanks for sharing. I have not seen that coin before either, but it is a nice one. Good job on the Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great coin! Have seen a few, the strangest so far are those produced by Eclectic Penguin.

    BTW The link from my name is my personal blog which is mainly geocaching related, and if you're into podcasts, I run the UK Geocaching Podcast too. Linked from my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete