News

Welcome to Fermentum's Geocaching blog. Please feel free to become a follower or comment on any posts.

Monday 6 December 2010

A few of our first finds.

Okay so I know I am doing catch up on my new Blog as I have been Caching for a few months now.  To be honest with this bitterly cold weather not much Geocaching is been done anyway!  With a total of 11 finds, I am not winning anything in terms of numbers.  I have to add this is with no GPS though.  All 11 are traditional caches  (even though 1 is showing as multi it was a stand alone cache.)


One of our first caches was GC1A6X3 Towpath Trek - Hapton  a really nice walk down the canal that runs at the back of where we live.
Here we are near Ground Zero.

My favourite find to date is a cache located in North Cave in East Yorkshire GC2CMFA -Underneath the Arches - North Cave  # 1.  I grew up in a town called Beverley not far away from here and my grandfather lived in North Cave before he passed away.  His house where my Auntie, Uncle and three younger cousins now live is near by this cache.  North Cave where I visit often  has a little walk that we take the dogs down, down the side of North Cave Beck.  I have walked past this cache no less than a hundred times before discovering Geocaching.  An easy find but a nice one that reminds me of my Grandfather every time I think about it.  Max loved this one too!


No comments:

Post a Comment