News

Welcome to Fermentum's Geocaching blog. Please feel free to become a follower or comment on any posts.

Monday 27 December 2010

Good Old Memories

When I was younger I grew up in a town called Beverley in East Yorkshire.  Every Christmas I come back to stay with family and I thought it would be a great idea to get a few caches in.  So yesterday I was looking on the Geocaching website for the area and saw a few on Swinemoor which is old pasture land that I used to run on when warming up for my boxing session that I used to do in a nearby unit round by the river.  I also wanted to test out my new Welly Bobs that I got for Christmas.  I was accompanied by my Uncle who said he was interested in having a walk and seemed interested to do a little Geocaching.  So we aimed to do both on Swinemoor.  We parked up and went to the first one GC1VAEP - Not Another Busy Bridge but a few muggles walking their four legged friends pushed us on to go for the second one.  GC1K36M - Ancient Pastures - Swinemoor an easy find after we waited for more muggles to disappear.  The memories from this place flooding back.  We used to fish off the side of what I have always known as Bricky Bridge.  And used to come here and mess about all of the time.
A COLD view from Bricky Bridge

So logged the visit and then back to the first where a big fat DNF was in order.  With a difficulty rating of 4/5 the amount of logged DNF's is almost as much as finds.  We spent about 30 mins looking for this one and the clues didn't help us much as still no find.  I sent an email the Busy Lissy Bunch who are the owners of both caches.  Not so long later I had a reply!  With further clues I am hoping to return today.  Will keep you posted on this, want to get this as we are due a load more of the white stuff tonight.

A big thank you to the Busy Lissy Bunch who brought me back to a place with such good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment