News

Welcome to Fermentum's Geocaching blog. Please feel free to become a follower or comment on any posts.

Sunday 19 December 2010

Snow Caching 2!

Two days in a row for me caching which is very rare, in fact I am not sure I have done it two days running.  You can see I have the bug!  Went to Towneley Park in Burnley today, the snow still on the ground but this time I had my big boots on instead of trainers which seemed very silly to be wearing yesterday.  We attempted two caches but only managed one of them as the snow was covering the other we think.  The second was in a tree so it was an easy find and for all weathers. This cache was located on the Towneley Sculpture Trial.  GC1P7FD - Towneley Sculpture Trail.  Although a lot of the sculptures are a few years old now and not looking in top condition there are still a few nice ones:
Crocodile carved into tree.

Its well worth a walk round there, only takes an hour to go down most of the paths and around all of the woodlands.
Here is another cool carving.

Over the festive period it looks like most of the country will be hit with snow so no doubt more Christmasy Pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. The sculptures remind me of the Award of Merritt cache I did in Welland. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c5f2f219-c80e-4536-88df-94e78fa160a4

    ReplyDelete