News

Welcome to Fermentum's Geocaching blog. Please feel free to become a follower or comment on any posts.

Sunday 12 December 2010

My First Earthcache!

Last night I went to my works Christmas do and got a little drunk.  I woke up today with a major headache.  After a few paracetamol's and back to bed for a few hours I was faced with a big decision.  Either I could go do the weekly food shop with my girlfriend or I could go out and do a little Geocaching.  As you can imagine I choose to find a cache!  Its been over a month since I found my last as we have had something on most weekends, also the snow has stopped us and work during the daytime.  So I had planned to get my first Earthcache as I recently came third for designing the official Earthcache banner.

So not too far away from home I drove to the spot, parked up and off I went.  This is the first time I got to use the new GPS as well.  I have to admit the car park was 5 minutes walk to the cache, nothing too strenuous with the hang over I have today.  GC1JN6E - Boulder Dash a great place for a cache in the grounds of Towneley Hall.  I plan to return to get the other few in the grounds.  It was getting a little dark for me to be going into the woods.  Love the added challenge to not only find the cache but to answer the questions as well.
Here is the cache with GPS as was instructed!

Glad I got this one done today as another type of cache to add to the list.  I was made up when the GPS said "Well done your first find!" and then it said "Well done your first Earthcache!".  Although the first isn't true it is the first find with the GPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment