News

Welcome to Fermentum's Geocaching blog. Please feel free to become a follower or comment on any posts.

Sunday 9 January 2011

Geocaching Challange

Well it was a really nice walk we had today but the wind was bitterly cold.  We where on track to hit the goal but we came across a little problem.  A big wall that stretched as far as the eye can see in both directions.  I think I missed it on google maps.  We where about ready for the return leg anyway.

I do however see this as a success.  It was pointed out to me on the GAGB forums that enjoy the walk and if you bag some caches its a bonus.  So with that mentality I feel I enjoyed the walk got a few snaps and really enjoyed it.  I don't think I will be setting myself any goals in the near future as I its about the enjoyment and getting the fitness to go that little bit further the next time and not always about the numbers.
A beautiful man made waterfall

The water looks calm but believe me the water is frozen and the wind is howling!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. Sometimes the numbers are good, but I had to remember that the one thing that really got me started geocaching was the excercise and getting outdoors. Last weekend we spent the day on a multi we never finished and I found that more fulfilling that a day pounding out LPCs ;)

    Glad you had a good day! I got some caching in myself and it felt good! ;)

    ReplyDelete